Taking time to rest

Today, since I left the church, I have pretty much been a lazy bum. I have watched tv, considered a nap, though I didn't end up falling asleep, and basically just been lazy. I thought about going for a run but even though I wasn't tired enough to sleep this afternoon, I felt weary just going up and down the stairs, and decided it was important to rest.

In running, they actually tell you that rest is important. All the training plans I have ever seen include a rest day. And God's plan did too - and even God rested on the 7th day. So today, I took a rest day. And lucky me, tomorrow is my day off - and while I have a lot of things that I need to accomplish, they can all happen on my own schedule.

And the other thing that I find when I take time to rest is that I get more done afterwards. So if you are running yourself ragged with a crazy jam-packed schedule, don't forget to take time to rest. It's important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion