Once upon a time...

Tonight, I was catching up on the TV show Once Upon A Time on Hulu. I just find the whole show so fascinating - the way the stories weave together and the creative spins the writers took on such classic fairy tales.

I admire people who think that way. It's not how my brain works. I am someone who lives in the now. And that can be a really good thing - but it means I am not very good at dreaming for the future. That's not to say there aren't things I want for my future because there definitely are. But at the same time, I can't really imagine what things will be like when they are different from they are now, and so I have a hard time dreaming of possibilities.

When I was younger I used to plan out how conversations would go. That was a concrete way I could imagine things. A logical way to think through what might happen. Not that they ever went according to my thought process, but my brain is stuck in reality. And I think that is why I enjoy stories so much - because it's a chance for me to escape that reality. I can't make those things up on my own, but I can get lost in the stories others imagine.

So thanks to all the dreamers out there who give this girl stuck in reality a mental break.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion