Journey to Bethlehem: Days 12, 13, & 14

Sorry I didn't manage a post the past couple of days.  I wish I could say I was busy running and didn't have time or energy to do both, but the truth was I didn't do either on Saturday or Sunday.   Saturday was a crazy day and Sunday I was exhausted.  But today (I consider it the same day until I go to bed for the night unless I'm at a lock-in), I am finally back to both.

I ran 4 miles today (that brings me up to 46.5, 33.5 to go - yikes!), and as I ran I was reminded of the importance of water.  I did not hydrate well today, or over the weekend, and I definitely felt that as I ran tonight. And I was reminded that there is more to running than the running itself.  Sleep, nutrition, and hydration all play important roles.  And I haven't been doing a super great job on any of those, so when I ran tonight, I felt tired and draggy and had a dehydration cramp that I had to push through.  I managed to still do 4 miles, but it wasn't pretty.

As we run through life, sometimes we neglect to take care of ourselves in the most simple capacities thinking that if I do this task instead of sleeping, I can get more done.  Or this drive-thru is faster and more convenient than cooking something healthy.  But when we take the time to sleep and eat right, and when we make sure to hydrate our bodies, we have more energy and more brain power to do what needs done.

On that note, I'm heading to bed.  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion