Journey to Bethlehem: Day 4

Surprisingly, motivation wasn't as challenging today despite running less than 12 hours after finishing a 5 mile run.  Part of it was probably that I knew I only wanted to do a short run since I didn't have a lot of time and I plan to do a long run tomorrow.  And part of it was probably just that it was morning, and I was rested.  At any rate, I did my first outdoor run of this journey despite the not so great weather.  It was just drizzling, not full on raining, so that was good.  But it was still cold and wet.  And I took Tinkerbell.  As I was running, I found myself wondering what people driving past me were thinking.  Did they think I was crazy?

But then I'm sure a lot of people thought Mary and Joseph were crazy while they were on their journey.  I mean, they had been visited by angels, but their friends and family (other than Zechariah and Elizabeth) hadn't.  But then there are a lot of people who were thought to be crazy because they were doing what God told them to do.  And it certainly makes like more interesting, which is definitely more worthwhile.  So here's to being thought crazy as a follower of Christ.

2.25 miles today, so I'm 16.25 miles in, 63.75 miles to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion