Change

"The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change."
~ Carl Rogers

I have been thinking a lot about change lately. The interesting thing is that in many ways I have also been changing lately. I have been working out 3 times a week for 3 weeks straight, and I just ran 5 miles (say what?! yeah I did that! and in under 11 minutes a mile). I have been journaling almost daily. My apartment is relatively clean - I am working on putting things away at least every night before I go to bed, especially in the kitchen. And there are other things I am working on as well.

But the interesting thing about all this to me is why now? Why is this working now? I have tried to make all these changes before, and yet this time, at least so far, it seems to be working. Why now?

And I don't really know the answer. But I think a part of it is that I looked at myself, really looked at myself, for who I really am. And I accepted realities about myself that I was not really ok with. So I am changing. And that's a pretty cool thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion