it's a late night....

Today I was shopping at a local Christian bookstore and I heard a woman say to her friend something along the lines of... "I don't want to judge her; I just hope the holy spirit will convict her about what she's doing." They were talking about the clothing choice of someone who attends her Bible study. Now I don't know this woman, but my mind went immediately to the speck and plank - you know - trying to remove the speck in someone else's eye when we have a plank in our own.

We always seem to want the spirit to convict someone else, but we definitely don't like it when we are the one being convicted.

In fact, I have frequently felt convicted about being judgmental about judgmental people - gotta love the irony :-P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion