fear

One of my favorite Bible verses is found in 1 John 4 (I don't remember which verse exactly and I am too lazy to look it up) where it says "perfect love casts out fear."

The idea of overcoming fear seems to be a theme in my life today. I don't really know why - just the things that I have been watching and the things I have been thinking about seem to follow along these lines.

Overcoming fear. Being ok with making mistakes. It's a hard thing. But it's life. In life we make mistakes. Again, I return to the theme of the Olympic games. As I watch the Olympics, the announcers talk about all the ways that these athletes overcome their fear. Tonight, the ice dancers left it all out there on the ice. They did their best, and that made them capable of accepting whatever the results were.

In life, we can do that too. If we put our best out there, we then can be accepting of whatever the results are. But in order to put our best out there, we need to overcome the fear of failure - or in my case, the fear of loss of control. And we must trust in God's perfect love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion