Everybody's scared
I heard this song yesterday when I was out driving and it stuck with me, especially this section: Everybody's scared to death When they decide to take that step Out on the water But it'll be alright The part that really stuck out to me was the first line: "Everybody's scared to death." Often it seems when we're afraid we think we're the only one. We look at other people and they seem so brave to us for the things they are willing to try. And so we don't want to admit to our fear because for some reason our society has labeled fear as a weakness. I remember when I was in middle school the "No Fear" shirts that everyone had to have - including me. I had one that said "Second place is the first loser." Our society values not being afraid, so when we feel scared we keep it bottled inside. But the reality is that with our fear bottled inside - it often has more power. And everyone is afraid. I once read somethin...

Comments
Post a Comment