Called to Christ: Grow in Faith (Work Mission Day 3)

By Alfred Yates

Opening Prayer

Please ask someone to open the devotion with prayer.

 

Opening Discussion

What are some things we value in our life?

We are going to read a Psalm that illustrates the value of God’s Word and Law.

Psalms 119:9-16

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.

Questions from the Passage

1)      From where does seeking God start?
2)      How does the Psalm say we can live according to God’s word?
3)      Why is it important that we do these things?
4)      What can we do to seek God with all our heart this week?

Further Reading

Break into pairs. Have each pair pick one of the following passages to read and discuss before sharing with the rest of the small group.

Psalm 119:105     Proverbs 3:5-7   John 15:5-8     Jeremiah 29:11-13

 

Closing Prayer

Ask someone to close in prayer.


“Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.” (Psalm 119:18)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion