Pinterest deliciousness

So this past weekend I decided that I should start actually making a few of the things I have pinned on Pinterest.  And I have done quite a few - so I thought I'd share some reviews here:

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
We'll start with the most recent first - I made these just today because I had some brown bananas to use - and I just made a variation of  banana bread over the weekend (which I will tell you about below), so I didn't want to make that.  These cookies are quite delish.  I have eaten 3 of them since I made them and really want another one, but am trying to resist the urge. The only modification I made was that I used more banana than it called for because I had to use all the brown bananas, but that turned out well because the banana flavor was definitely there.

Roasted Sweet Potato
Sunday for dinner I decided to roast some veggies.  I used this low and slow recipe to cook the sweet potatoes and they were quite good.  I usually do something similar but thinner and they take less time to cook - more like baked sweet potato fries.  I think I will stick with those in the future because I am somewhat impatient and these did take a lot longer.  But they were very good if you're patient enough to wait for them.

Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries
Along with my sweet potatoes, I had a zucchini to use up, and I usually do it the same way I usually do my sweet potatoes - julienned with a little olive oil and salt and then baked until tender.  And I think I prefer that method to this one.  These were good - especially with the marinara sauce to dip them in, but not quite great.

Pumpkin Applesauce
Pumpkin and apples - what could say fall more strongly?  I made homemade applesauce a couple of times last year, so I decided to try this variation this time around.  Since I like homemade applesauce, this was good, but I didn't really find the pumpkin flavor to be that strong.  So while this was good, I will probably stick with regular applesauce from here on out - or maybe try some other variations.

Dark Chocolate Raspberry Banana Bread
Just the name of this one made me want some, and the pictures made it look even more delicious.  And oh, it definitely was!  I ended up making these as muffins and I ate 2 while they were still warm, which was not so good for trying to eat healthy, but was amazing in my mouth.  I definitely recommend making this and taking it somewhere because you will want to eat it all.  But then again, dark chocolate, raspberry, banana - can it really be that bad for you?

Yogurt Covered Blueberries
Ok, so this is actually the one thing I found on Pinterest I had made before this weekend.  I thought they might be a nice post-run treat.  They were not as good as I thought they would be.  If you like chewing on ice, you might like these, but for me they are just too cold.

Wow, I've been doing a lot of experimenting with Pinterest recipes.  I'd love to hear if anyone else has any successes or flops, and I'll keep you posted on mine as I keep trying them.  I may not do any of the crafts or other things I pin on pinterest, but I can definitely cook/bake at least some of what I pin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In need of ideas...

"Don't let me become an elephant"

Compassion